Late in 2014 the Board of Hunter Councils Inc, on behalf of local government in the Hunter, expressed interest to the NSW Office of Local Government in becoming a trial Joint Organisation.
The decision to seek selection as a trial Joint Organisation was based on the leadership role the Hunter had played in the local government reform process to date and on the identification, in the final report of the Local Government Acts Taskforce and other forums, of the potential for the Hunter Councils model to inform local government renewal and regional leadership throughout the State.
Documents relevant to the Hunter Trial Joint Organisation include:
Please click the relevant link below
- Hunter Councils submission on Final Reports 4 April 2014
- Hunter Councils Expression of Interest in selection as a pilot Joint Organisation _ Workshop
- Letter from Minister Toole announcing appointment as a pilot JO 12 November 2014
- Circular No 14-30 Announcement of Joint Organisation Pilots
- Hunter Pilot Joint Organisation Charter adopted 6 February 2015
- Hunter JO _ Statement of Regional Strategic Priorities 2015
- Joint Organisations Pilot_Interim Report