NSW Government assistance – visit droughthub.nsw.gov.au
On 30 July 2018, the NSW Government announced its Emergency Relief Package to address the immediate needs of farmers and drought-affected communities.
The three major elements of the $500 million Emergency Drought Relief Package are:
- Approximately $190 million for Drought Transport Subsidies
- Approximately $100 million for cutting the cost of farming fees and charges – by waiving Local Land Services rates, waiving fixed water charges in rural and regional areas, and waiving class one agricultural vehicle registration costs, among other initiatives
- $150 million to bolster the Farm Innovation Fund (FIF) infrastructure program.
The package also includes funding for:
- Counselling and mental health
- Critical services in regional communities including transporting water and drought related road upgrades and repairs
- Animal welfare and stock disposal.
Australian Government assistance – visit agriculture.gov.au
The Australian Government provides a number of assistance measures to support farm families, farm businesses and rural communities to prepare for, manage through and recover from drought and other hardship.
Click on the following link to go to the Hunter Joint Organisation website front page: Hunter Joint Organisation
Click on the following link to go to the Upper Hunter Economic Diversification webpages: Upper Hunter Economic Diversification homepage